** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Prince Rupert Regional Hospital.
Plans and provides direct nursing care to patients in accordance with the hospital policies and BCCNM Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia. This position reports to the Maternity Coordinator. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, rotating Prince Rupert Regional Hospital
is the largest hospital in northwest BC with 27 acute care beds. They offer emergency services, ultrasound, CT scans, surgery, extended care, pediatrics, radiology, and obstetrics. Additional services such as diabetes education, health heart and rehabilitation, podiatry, orthopedics and other visiting specialists. Prince Rupert
is a coastal port city with a population of 12,220 (2021). It is nestled into a mountain and surrounded by the Great Bear Rainforest. See rare wildlife, explore our rugged landscapes, and experience world-class fishing adventures you won't find anywhere else. Check out more on Prince Rupert , known as the halibut capital of the world.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, and families.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Health Care Other