Registered Nurse (RN) - Multiple positions, Experienced NICU Nurses
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
You are a Registered Nurse with experience, or a strong interest, in serving the smallest of patients and their parents in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). You are a strong team player who appreciates collaborating with a wide range of health professionals, and enjoys a supportive and innovative work environment. There are two levels of entry available at BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre (BCW), and both will provide access to cutting-edge research and academic facilities plus professional development days included in your work schedule:
- Experienced NICU RNs, with minimum Level III point of care experience
We welcome applicants from across Canada as well as internationally. Relocation assistance or work visa support may be available for qualified RNs.
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women's health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women's is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year. What you'll do
Registered Nurses are key members of the multidisciplinary team at BCW, home to British Columbia's largest NICU, which is the province's only quaternary referral centre. The NICU provides specialized neonatal surgical and medical intensive care for critically ill newborns across BC and the Yukon. Our team comprises diverse neonatal health professionals who work within a model of integrated patient- and family-centred care, along with dedicated resuscitation teams for BCW.
When you join the RN team at BCW, you are backed by health professionals who are committed to your success. You'll experience a customized orientation designed to support your transition, which includes:
What you bring
- Onsite orientation days
- Skills days
- "Meet & Greet" with the NICU interdisciplinary team
- Acute Care workshops
- Flexible shift switching guidelines
- Postpartum training to support our Mother Baby Care (MBC) pod
What we bring
- Graduated from an approved program of Nursing Education; current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Current adult CPR and Newborn Resuscitation Certification
- 1+ year of experience in a neonatal intensive care unit caring for Level III tertiary care patients in the last two years OR Completion of BCIT Neonatal Nursing Course diploma (or equivalent program)
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Job Type: Regular/Temporary Full/Part Time Opportunities
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Wage: $36.23/hr - $47.58/hr
Location: 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 3N1 ***For details about this role, relocation assistance eligibility, please contact Kelly Hull, Talent Acquisition Advisor for more details: kh email@example.com ** What we do
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW) is dedicated to improving the health of women, newborns and families through a comprehensive range of services, research and education. BCW is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
PHSA plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCW are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.