BC Women's Hospital is seeking experienced NICU Registered Nurses!
Temporary Full/Part Time Opportunities
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA effective October 26, 2021.
BC Women's Hospital Neonatal Program
provides advanced neonatal care within a model of integrated patient and family centered care. Located in the Teck Acute Care Centre on the BC Children's & BC Women's Hospital campus, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
features 70 private rooms designed for our tiny patients and their families with 12 of these special rooms dedicated to allow mothers to receive care alongside their newborns. What you'll do:
Our nurses are assigned and provide optimal care in the following areas: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU):
BC Women's largest NICU is the only quaternary referral center for the province and is the largest tertiary NICU in the province, providing specialized neonatal intensive care for the most critically ill and newborns with complex medical needs in BC and Yukon. Mother Baby Care (MBC):
A unique pod in the NICU and the first of its kind in all of Canada for mothers who give birth at BC Women's Hospital and newborns who require intensive observation/care. Mothers in MBC receive postpartum care in the same room as the newborns receive care by neonatal specialists. What's in it for you:
At BC Women's Hospital, we are committed to your success. You will experience a customized orientation designed to support your transition to BC's largest NICU that includes:
What you bring:
- Onsite Orientation Days
- Skills days
- Meet & Greet with the NICU interdisciplinary Team
- Acute Care Workshops
- Flexible shift switching guidelines
- Postparturm training to support our Mother Baby Care (MBC) pod
We welcome applicants from across Canada and Internationally**
- Graduated from an approved program of Nursing Education
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses & Midwives (BCCNM)
- Current adult CPR and Newborn Resuscitation Certification
- One (1) year of experience in a neonatal intensive care unit caring for Level III tertiary care patients in the last two years or Completion of BCIT Neonatal Nursing Course diploma or equivalent program
** For details about this role, relocation assistance eligibility or work visa support, please contact Kelly Hull, Talent Acquisition Advisor for more details: email@example.com
BC Women's Hospital is part of the Provincial Health Authority. Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW)
is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women's health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women's is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre, BCW's mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BCW is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA),
which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence . These include: Respect people
• Be compassionate
• Dare to innovate
• Cultivate partnerships
• Serve with purpose
For more information about BC Women's Hospital + Health Centre
, please visit: www.bcwomens.ca
For more information on all PHSA nursing opportunities, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca/nursing
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.