Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have a clinical background with training and experience in chemotherapy? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse in our Medical Oncology Unit located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and residential care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for emergency nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Providing direct patient care by assessing, planning, providing and evaluating nursing care
- Administering chemotherapy treatments to oncology inpatients and/or outpatients
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with the interprofessional care team
- Providing education to patients and families/care givers
- Advocating for the patient's rights to privacy, dignity and access to information
- Participating in research and quality improvement activities
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- BC Cancer Agency Chemotherapy Certification
This role is a casual position located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC) in Abbotsford, BC. ARHCC is a 272 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Are you looking to transform your practice to new level and join a team and an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place?
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? Apply today and take the next step in your career so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.