The Staff Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical practices in accordance with the Vision, Values, Ethics and Standards of the organization and of the College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Within a patient and family centered care model and in collaboration with an interdisciplinary health care team, this position carries out general practice activities within the scope of RN practice. This role provides direct nursing care for admitted patients in order to meet the needs of the University Hospital of Northern BC and the patient/family population that we serve. The RN bases practice on current evidence from nursing science and humanities.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Communicates appropriately in interactions with patients, colleagues, students and others.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills when collecting, interpreting and evaluating data.
- Analytical skills.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.