Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our nursing team at Kitimat General Hospital.
Under the direction of the Unit Manager of the Nurse in Charge of the Acute Care Unit, is responsible for the total nursing care rendered to the patients in her/his charge, and participation in the general activities of the Acute Care Unit. Work areas include Medical Surgical, Pediatrics, Maternity, Special Care, Palliative Care and Emergency Outpatients.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 Kitimat General Hospital
is a 19 acute bed hospital with a full range of services. Some services provided are emergency, laboratory, diagnostic imaging, outpatient chemotherapy clinic, physiotherapy, diabetes and chronic disease management. Regular rotation of visiting specialists in internal medicine, urology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, and radiology. Kitimat
has a population of 8,131 (2020) local residents. Kitimat offers excellent fishing, endless trails, and backcountry. People come to Kitimat to enjoy more of the things you love. Check out Kitimat where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Previous experience in all levels of care.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certificate preferred.
• Previous experience in Maternity preferred. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize workWho we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.