** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Mills Memorial Hospital.
In accordance with established hospital policies and procedures provides and co-ordinates nursing care to assigned patients consistent with current standards of nursing practice and the clinical specialty of Medical Surgical, maternity & pediatric nursing. Practices as a member of the Acute Care Unit nursing team.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00 rotating Mills Memorial Hospital
is a 52 acute care bed hospital and provides the only inpatient psychiatric unit in the northwest. They offer emergency services, and has a diagnostic and specialist center which includes CT scan and nuclear medicine. Visiting specialists come for obstetrics/gynecology, psychiatry, general surgery, urology, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, anaesthetics, radiology, nuclear medicine, pathology, otorhinolaryngology (ENT), podiatry, pediatrics and internal medicine. Community cancer and chronic disease management clinics are available. Terrace
has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a practicing RN registrant.
• Medical and surgical nursing experience required with pediatric, neonatal, maternity nursing experience preferred.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize work.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.