Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join Dawson Creek & District Hospital.
Reporting to the Site Manager, guided by the Vision and Values of the Northern health Authority, BCCNM Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics, identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs. The Registered Nurse will use Northeast Health Services Area approved Policies, Procedures, and Protocols.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00Dawson Creek & District Hospital
is a 50-bed hospital that offers full service that includes inpatient care, emergency, respiratory, rehab, surgery, obstetrics & gynecology lab, medical imaging and cancer care. The hospital is the northeastern BC orthopedic and trauma centre. Visiting specialists in urology, dermatology and pediatrics is also available.Dawson Creek
has a population of 12,178 (2021) with a youthful and vibrant community that serves as a major centre for the surrounding areas. Come enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets Dawson Creek has to offer. Check out Dawson Creek for more information about this community where the northern lights shine. What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Current Level C CPR certification required.
• Ambulatory Care / Endoscopy / Cancer Care: Two years recent medical/surgical experience. Successful completion of Chemotherapy training within one month of appointment. Two years recent ER experience including experience with chronic venapuncture patients.
• Emergency: Two years recent related experience working in emergency department and / or two years recent related medical/surgical experience. Initiates crisis codes as per hospital policy. Responds to Code Blue calls. Assumes First Aid Attendant role as per policy.
• Intensive Care Unit: Completion of a post-graduate Critical Care Course or two years recent experience in an equivalent setting.
• Labour and Delivery / Recovery / Post Partum: Two (2) years recent related experience with a significant labour and delivery component, working in an acute care setting and / or recent completion of an Advanced Obstetrical Certificate and / or recent Midwifery Certificate. Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification.Skills and Abilities:
• Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
• Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Interact with others effectively.
• Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
• Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
• Operate related equipment.
• Teach and provide clinical supervision.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.