Reporting to the Site Manager, guided by the Vision and Values of the Northern health Authority, BCCNM Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics, identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs. The Registered Nurse will use Northeast Health Services Area approved Policies, Procedures, and Protocols. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Ambulatory Care / Endoscopy / Cancer Care: Two years recent medical/surgical experience. Successful completion of Chemotherapy training within one month of appointment. Two years recent ER experience including experience with chronic venapuncture patients.
- Emergency: Two years recent related experience working in emergency department and / or two years recent related medical/surgical experience. Initiates crisis codes as per hospital policy. Responds to Code Blue calls. Assumes First Aid Attendant role as per policy.
- Intensive Care Unit: Completion of a post-graduate Critical Care Course or two years recent experience in an equivalent setting.
- Labour and Delivery / Recovery / Post Partum: Two (2) years recent related experience with a significant labour and delivery component, working in an acute care setting and / or recent completion of an Advanced Obstetrical Certificate and / or recent Midwifery Certificate. Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact with others effectively.
- Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
- Operate related equipment.
- Teach and provide clinical supervision.
View Dawson Creek Community