Plans and provides direct nursing care to patients in accordance with the hospital policies and BCCNP Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia. This position reports to the Maternity Coordinator. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
PRINCE RUPERT COMMUNITY
Prince Rupert is a small marine-based port city with one-of-a-kind wilderness exploration and wildlife viewing experiences on Northwest BC's Pacific Coast. It's also a popular stop on various Alaskan cruises. Located 721 km (447 miles) west of Prince George on Highway 16, Prince Rupert is the land, air, and water transportation hub of British Columbia's North Coast, and home to some 12,815 people. The city is located at the mouth of the Skeena River, surrounded by Chatham Sound and many small, uninhabited islands. The area is perfect for exploring and discovering the fascinating history and customs of local First Nations people.