Under the direction of the Maternity Unit Head Nurse, provides appropriate nursing care to patients as assigned.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Must have successfully completed post-graduate course in obstetrics.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring and Neonatal Resuscitation and Obstetrical examination Certificates mandatory.
- Two (2) years continuous full-time experience on an obstetrical unit including labour and delivery.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment such as blood pressure and oxygen saturation and fatal monitors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specialized procedures and techniques such as induction of labour, obstetrical examination and assessment and fetal monitoring.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.
Posted: October 13, 2018
Closes: December 12, 2018