Under the direction of the Maternity Unit Head Nurse, provides appropriate nursing care to patients as assigned. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Must have successfully completed post-graduate course in obstetrics.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring and Neonatal Resuscitation and Obstetrical examination Certificates mandatory.
- Two (2) years continuous full-time experience on an obstetrical unit including labour and delivery.Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment such as blood pressure and oxygen saturation and fatal monitors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specialized procedures and techniques such as induction of labour, obstetrical examination and assessment and fetal monitoring.
View Fort St. John Community