Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join Rotary Manor in Dawson Creek.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as well as within a resident and family-centered care model. The RN or RPN practices in a variety of clinical settings and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care. Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the RN or RPN ensures the delivery of resident-centered care by assisting individual residents and their families respond to changing health care needs. The RN or RPN demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Evenings, Nights - 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00The Rotary Manor Complex
consists of two buildings; the main area and the three-story tower are joined by a glassed walkway. All areas are bright with lots of natural sunlight and pleasant décor. 115 publicly subsidized beds, two private rooms for respite care two private rooms for community palliative needs. We have an active recreation department with various activities planned during the day, as well as groups who come in, both in the daytime and during the evening, for example school children for the Grand Buddy program, singers and musicians, church groups etc. The Adult Day Away Program integrates some of their activities with the facility recreation program.Dawson Creek
has a population of 12,178 (2021) with a youthful and vibrant community that serves as a major centre for the surrounding areas. Come enjoy the beautiful sunrises and sunsets Dawson Creek has to offer. Check out Dawson Creek for more information about this community where the northern lights shine. What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
• Post - basic education in gerontology an asset.Skills and Abilities:
• Assessment and Intervention - Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing resident assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
• Communication - Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the residents, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
• Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
• Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice - Ability to promote resident-focused care that demonstrates care for and with residents and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, resident advocacy and social justice concerns.
• Teaching - Ability to transmit information intended to instruct residents and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
• Management - Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
• Leadership - Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
• Knowledge Integration - Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
• Quality Care - Provide direct resident care as needed to meet the needs of the residents.
• Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
• Physical, psychological and emotional ability to perform the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.