Reporting to the Program Manager of Critical Care and Surgery, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the BCCNP Standards for Nursing practice and Northern Health Mission, Vision and Values statement. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant..
- One (1) year Emergency/Intensive Care experience and recent medical/surgical experience.
- Post graduate courses - Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Trauma Nursing Core Course, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Canadian Triage Acuity Scale (within last five years) or equivalent combination of training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Quesnel Community