Reporting to the Program Manager of Critical Care and Surgery, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the CRNBC Standards for Nursing practice and Northern Health Mission, Vision and Values statement.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current registration with BCCNP.
- One (1) year Emergency/Intensive Care experience and recent medical/surgical experience.
- Post graduate courses - Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Trauma Nursing Core Course, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Canadian Triage Acuity Scale (within last five years) or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world's largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.
Posted: October 13, 2018
Closes: December 12, 2018