Under the direction of the Community Services Coordinator, the position uses independence and initiative to plan, organize, implement and evaluate professional nursing care for clients of all ages with chronic, acute, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs in community settings. Services include: assessment, direct medical-surgical nursing care, case management, health teaching, support consultation, liaison and referral in a case management context; ensuring that the nursing model of client self care and health promotion framework is maintained; participates in the administration of all Acts and Regulations applicable to nursing functions; may assign care to and supervise other staff.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Two (2) years recent acute medical /surgical nursing experience.
- Class 5, B.C. Drivers License - will be required to provide own vehicle for work purposes.
- Previous community experience an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent organization, coordination and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.