Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you a Registered Nurse with training and experience in home health? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Home Care Nurse in our Agassiz Community.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have positive and compassionate work environments where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating professional nursing care for clients with acute, chronic or palliative health care needs in their homes, community setting and/or clinic
- Collaborating with clients in formulating short and long term goals
- Providing health education to individuals, families, caregivers and other staff
- Participating in health promotion activities and acts as a liaison between the program, hospital units, community health and provides and community support services
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved school of Nursing
- One (1) year recent related community nursing experience in the designated clinical area,
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia Nurses and Midwives Professionals (BCCNM)
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business related purposes, as required
This role is a relief full-time position located in Agassiz, BC. Agassiz-Kent is the eastern Fraser Valley's best kept secret. The community of Agassiz offers lush parks, accessible sports facilities, unique businesses, heritage sites and fun community events within a rural setting on the outskirts of BC's Lower Mainland.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, collaboration and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers.
We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply today, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.