** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at University Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC).
The Staff Registered Nurse, Medical/Surgical practices in accordance with the Vision, Values, Ethics and Standards of the organization and of the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). Within a patient and family centered care model and in collaboration with an interdisciplinary health care team, this position carries out general practice activities within the scope of RN practice. This role provides direct nursing care for admitted patients in order to meet the needs of the University Hospital of Northern BC and the patient/family population that we serve. The RN bases practice on current evidence from nursing science and humanities. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:15, 19:00 to 07:15, rotatingUniversity Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC)
is the largest acute care facility (268 beds) in Northern Health and is the hub for specialized health services. It is a full service hospital and home to a new cancer centre for Northern BC, including a wide range of cancer treatments. Provides undergraduate physician training through the Northern Medical Program, run by the University of British Columbia and University of Northern British Columbia. UHNBC is also a key clinical education site for nursing and many health sciences students at UNBC, the College of New Caledonia, BCIT and other institutions.Prince George
has a population of 73,004 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant. Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
• Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
• Communicates appropriately in interactions with patients, colleagues, students and others.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills when collecting, interpreting and evaluating data.
• Analytical skills.
• Physical ability to perform duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.