Plans and provides direct nursing care to patients in accordance with the hospital policies and BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) Standards for Nursing Practice in British Columbia. This position reports to the Maternity Coordinator. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) as a practicing RN registrant.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
*Training opportunities in Emergency, Maternity, and Operating Room available*
View Prince Rupert Community