General Emergency - MSJ
Mt St Joseph Hospital
Jun 22, 2019
Acute Care Hospital
0745-1945,0800-2000,0830-2030,0930-2130,1100-2300 JOB SUMMARY:
Reporting to the Operations Leader, the Staff Nurse, assesses, identifies, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care required to assist patients/residents in meeting their physical, social, spiritual and psychological needs using an established framework for nursing practice. Develops, implements, evaluates and revises the plan of care. Incorporates individual and/or group teaching into the care plan and nursing interventions and/or makes referrals to other identified resources. Supports other nurses and health care professionals by collegially sharing information and demonstrating procedures. The Staff Nurse works within an interdisciplinary clinical framework in accordance with the CRNBC/CRPNBC Standards of Practice and consistent with the mission, vision and values and established protocols of Providence Health Care.QUALIFICATIONS**:
Skills And Abilities:
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia or, in Residential Care and Mental Health a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia.
- Two years' recent experience working in a tertiary care emergency department and/or two years' recent medical/surgical experience with an approved post-basic emergency nursing specialty program.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures appropriate for the area of service.
- Ability to work as a member in an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to apply decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to role model conflict resolution strategies.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to teach and identify patient/resident learning needs.
- Ability to lead patient/family group sessions.
- Ability to provide clinical direction.