Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at University Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC).
Within a model of person-centered care and guided by the vision and values of Northern Health, the Staff Nurse is responsible and accountable to provide professional nursing services in a manner consistent with Northern Health standards, the College of BC College of Nurses, and Midwives (BCCNM), the National Emergency Nursing Affiliation (NENA) Standards and the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Code of Ethics for Nursing. Reporting to the Emergency Manager and as a member of a health care team, the Staff Nurse applies Emergency Nursing knowledge and skills to care for various complex health care issues, from non-urgent to life threatening, for clients who present to the Emergency Department. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings, Nights - 07:00 to 19:15, 11:00 to 23:00, 19:00 to 07:15, rotatingUniversity Hospital of Northern BC (UHNBC)
is the largest acute care facility (268 beds) in Northern Health and is the hub for specialized health services. It is a full service hospital and home to a new cancer centre for Northern BC, including a wide range of cancer treatments. Provides undergraduate physician training through the Northern Medical Program, run by the University of British Columbia and University of Northern British Columbia. UHNBC is also a key clinical education site for nursing and many health sciences students at UNBC, the College of New Caledonia, BCIT and other institutions.Prince George
has a population of 89,490 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
• Two (2) years' recent experience working in a tertiary care Emergency Department and/or two years' recent medical/ surgical experience.
• Completion of an approved post-basic emergency nursing specialty program or equivalent training and experience may be considered.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACL) for Emergency room.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
• Ability to communicate appropriately in interactions with clients, colleagues, students, and others.
• Communication skills, verbal and written.
• Clinical judgement skills.
• Critical thinking skills for collecting and interpreting data, planning, implementing, and evaluating.
• Skilled at performing assessments, interventions, and monitoring.
• Ability to apply knowledge related to such things as relationship-building, assertiveness, problem-solving and violence prevention.
• Ability to delegate appropriately to other members of the health care team.
• Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship and set appropriate boundaries with clients.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.