Within a model of person-centered care and guided by the vision and values of Northern Health, the Staff Nurse is responsible and accountable to provide professional nursing services in a manner consistent with Northern Health standards, the College of BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM), the National Emergency Nursing Affiliation (NENA) Standards and the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Code of Ethics for Nursing..
Reporting to the Emergency Manager and as a member of a health care team, the Staff Nurse applies Emergency Nursing knowledge and skills to care for various complex health care issues, from non-urgent to life threatening, for clients who present to the Emergency Department. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Two (2) years' recent experience working in a tertiary care Emergency Department and/or two years' recent medical/ surgical experience.
- Completion of an approved post-basic emergency nursing specialty program or equivalent training and experience may be considered.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACL) for Emergency room.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to communicate appropriately in interactions with clients, colleagues, students and others.
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Clinical judgement skills.
- Critical thinking skills for collecting and interpreting data, planning, implementing and evaluating.
- Skilled at performing assessments, interventions and monitoring.
- Ability to apply knowledge related to such things as relationship-building, assertiveness, problem-solving and violence prevention.
- Ability to delegate appropriately to other members of the health care team.
- Ability to develop a therapeutic relationship and set appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
View Prince George Community