Registered Nurse, Emergency/ambulatory Care (relief Part Time)
Reference ID: 05245647
Reporting to the Unit Manager Emergency/ Ambulatory Care, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities of patients presenting in the Emergency Department. Also provides nursing care, assistance and relief to all nursing areas including ICU; Maternity; Med/Surg and Ambulatory Care within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Fort St. John Hospital & Health Centre mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia.
- Acquires and maintains skill certification in the following: A.C.L.S., CPR, Neonatal Resuscitation, IV therapy, Blood Glucose Monitoring, Ventilator and basic Cardiac Monitoring.
- Three (3) years' full-time recent acute care experience involving intensive care, obstetrics and emergency or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to initiate and work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of special procedures and techniques such as I.V. infusions of medications.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as "The Energetic City," which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.
Posted: December 6, 2016
Closes:December 21, 2016