Reporting to the Unit Manager Emergency/ Ambulatory Care, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities of patients presenting in the Emergency Department. Also provides nursing care, assistance and relief to all nursing areas including ICU; Maternity; Med/Surg and Ambulatory Care within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the Fort St. John Hospital & Health Centre mission statement. The role is defined by the needs of the Hospital, a select patient/family population, agency expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Acquires and maintains skill certification in the following: A.C.L.S., CPR, Neonatal Resuscitation, IV therapy, Blood Glucose Monitoring, Ventilator and basic Cardiac Monitoring.
- Three (3) years' full-time recent acute care experience involving intensive care, obstetrics and emergency or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position/
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to initiate and work independently.
- Ability to apply critical problem solving.
- Ability to react/respond under pressure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of special procedures and techniques such as I.V. infusions of medications.
View Fort St. John Community