Under the direction and supervision of the Team Leader of the Adult Withdrawal Management Unit, as part of the multidisciplinary team, the R.N. works with persons admitted to the Adult Withdrawal Management Unit for Acute Substance Withdrawal Management. Through assessment and monitoring of each client, the nurse develops a plan of personal care and intervention to assist the client in managing the medical symptoms of substance abuse withdrawal. Thereby the client can return to the community, and connect with appropriate follow up services. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Two years experience in Mental Health and Addictions.
- CPR and Foodsafe Certification.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with clients, families, members of the multidisciplinary team and the public.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and implement a plan of care.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
View Prince George Community