In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer's COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Reporting to the Clinical Co-ordinator, Surgical Services (OR, PARR, Ambulatory Care), and in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures provides and co-ordinates nursing care to assigned patients consistent with current standards of nursing practice and the clinical specialty of operating room/post-anesthetic/ambulatory care nursing. Nursing responsibilities may include scheduled on-call responsibilities for emergency surgery and PARR/Ambulatory Care. The role and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with standards, protocols, and Hospital/department expectations and the goals for professional nursing practice. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Appropriate Operating Room training.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Ability to communicate, and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
View Prince Rupert Community