Provides and coordinates nursing care with current standards of nursing practice and the Clinical Specialty of Critical Care & Emergency Care Nursing. Clinical experience to independently work in Emergency is required.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Minimum two (2) years medical/surgical experience and/or Post Diploma Certificate in Critical Care and/or Emergency Nursing and/or equivalent combination of experience and training. Applicants without formal Emergency/Critical Care Training and/or equivalent experience will be expected to enroll in an Emergency or Critical Care Course within 6 months of receiving the job.
- CPR (Basic Life Support) certification.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification or willingness to complete within 1 year.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage all equipment appropriate for the provision of care for patients admitted to the critical care and acute care units.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to work well on own with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assist in orientation of new personnel.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
The thriving community of Terrace is Northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, and pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Anglers come to Terrace to challenge the steelhead and spring salmon of the Skeena River. Terrace offers golf courses, swimming, curling and skating rinks, fitness trails, mountain biking, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, horseback riding, river rafting, snowmobiling, and waterskiing. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation and resource product trade. Terrace offers affordable housing and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.