** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We are seeking a motivated Registered Nurse with a dedication for delivering compassionate patient care to join our team at Terraceview Lodge.
Assesses and documents physical and psychosocial needs of residents; plans, implements and helps coordinate programs which ensure a high standard of individualized care for the residents; supervises assigned staff. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings, Nights - 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00 Terraceview Lodge
is a 99 bed Long-term care Facility with 4 care communities: Lakelse, Copper, Skeena and Nass. The facility is comprised of 90 long-term care beds, 3 respite, 3 hospice palliative care beds, plus 9 short stay beds available for respite and convalescence stays. Terraceview Lodge provides Recreational Therapy Services on a daily basis. Pastoral and Spiritual Services are available to residents. Terrace
has a population 12,700 (2021) residents. The community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes and streams all add to the beauty of this community. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
• Minimum of one (1) year recent related experience.
• Current Level 1 First Aid ticket.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to supervise and to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.