The role is responsible to the Dawson Creek Addictions Clinical Team Leader with a dual reporting system to Dawson Creek Mental Health Team Leader. This position provides clinical assessment and interventions to clients experiencing problems related to both Mental Health and Addictions, developing interface between Addiction Services, inpatient and out-patient psychiatric services, providing clinical direction on client mental health needs, education and case management to the wider Hospital and Medical staff. This role includes the management of a caseload of adult clients with Concurrent Mental Health and Addictions issues, providing support to families and communities as required. He/she also participates in educational services, planning, program development, and policy recommendation. The incumbent will be expected to work within the framework of Harm Reduction in Substance use, promoting the benefits of this approach in collaborative work with collateral service providers. The role is defined by the needs of the professional expectations, agency expectations, population demands, the provision of programs and the goals for professional nursing practice. Qualifications
- Registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN or RPN registrant.
- Additional training in adult education preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Addictions Co-Morbidity and experience of working with clients with severe and enduring mental illness.
- Knowledge of addiction treatment methodology and community based programming.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong clinical assessment and formulation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in a psychiatric emergency situation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team and community partners.
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.
- Ability to use an electronic record system.
- Advanced computer skills preferred.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Valid driver's License.
- Ability to travel as required.
View Dawson Creek Community