Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse in our Cardiac Services - Inpatient Unit at Royal Columbian Hospital.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Assessing patients and collecting information from a range of sources using skills of observation, communication, data review and physical assessment
- Collaborating with patients and their families/care givers in developing the care plan
- Encouraging family participation in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the care plan
- Participating in the care and discharge planning process for patients on admission
- Planning and discussing referral information with patients and their families
- Collaborating with members of the interprofessional care team
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of Cardiology component of Post Basic Critical Care course, or post basic High Acuity Course, approved Arrhythmia interpretation course plus one (1) year's recent experience in cardiac monitoring or telemetry unit
- Current Basic Rescuer Certificate
This role is a relief full-time position located at Royal Columbian Hospital (RCH) in New Westminster, BC, which is a provincial referral hospital (tertiary/trauma care centre) with 422 acute beds that is a University of BC Affiliated teaching hospital. RCH is located ½ hour from downtown Vancouver, and close to rapid transit, shopping, restaurants and other amenities.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
You can join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.