Registered Nurses - Acute Perinatal BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre Interested in joining BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre? We have Temporary Full Time & Casual Opportunities A s per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
We are seeking Perinatal nurses in Antepartum, Intrapartum for Low and High Risk including Triage, OB Surgical Services as well as Postpartum. We are seeking Acute Perinatal Nurses experienced in birthing (labour & delivery) for Low and High Risk including Triage to be part of an exceptional interdisciplinary team.
We are also seeking Acute Perinatal Nurses experienced in Antepartum and Postpartum to be part of an exceptional interdisciplinary team.
- Graduation of an approved School of Nursing or the successful completion of the BCIT perinatal compressed time frame course or BCIT perinatal certification plus two (2) years recent related experience in perinatal nursing or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Current CPR and/or Newborn Resuscitation Certification (NRP)
- Breastfeeding course, minimum 6 hours, in the last 2 years
In addition, we are seeking Acute Perinatal Nurses experienced in OB Surgical Services to be part of an exceptional interdisciplinary team.
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing. Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two years of recent perinatal nursing experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Current CPR/Newborn Resuscitation Certification
- Breastfeeding update, minimum 6 hours, in the last 2 years
What we bring
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing with current practicing registration as an RN with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Two years of recent perinatal nursing experience which includes 1 year in LDR or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Certification/diploma OR/PAR course, e.g. BCIT, St. Paul's
- BC Women's OR/PAR course
- Fetal Health Assessment Certification (BC Women's or equivalent)
- Current CPR /Newborn Resuscitation Certification
- Breastfeeding update, minimum 6 hours in the last 2 years
- Perinatal loss education, minimum 4 hours
- A comprehensive orientation program
- Opportunity to work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals in an academic and research facility
- Ongoing education and support to enhance your nursing practice
- A high volume and varied patient population
We welcome applicants from across Canada and Internationally.
For details about this role, relocation assistance eligibility, please contact Kelly Hull, Talent Acquisition Advisor for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home. What we do: BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre (BCW)
is the only facility in British Columbia devoted primarily to the health of women, newborns and families. It provides a broad range of specialized women's health services that address the health needs of women of all ages and backgrounds. BC Women's is one of the largest maternity facilities in Canada, with over 7,000 births a year, and is both the major primary and secondary maternity services provider in the Lower Mainland and the cornerstone of the provincial tertiary care system. As an academic health centre, BCW's mandate includes providing strong leadership in research and the education and professional development of health care professionals in areas related to the health of the populations we serve.
BCW is a program of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA),
which plans, manages and evaluates selected specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include: Respect people • Be compassionate • Dare to innovate• Cultivate partnerships • Serve with purpose
For more information about BC Women's Hospital & Women's Health Centre, please visit: www.bcwomens.ca
For more information on all PHSA nursing opportunities, please visit: http://jobs.phsa.ca/nursing
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.