Reports to Nurse Manager and is guided by the Visions and Values of Northern Health, BCCNM Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics. Identifies, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social and psychological needs in accordance with established NH and BVDH policies and procedures. Practices as a member of the nursing team. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current Level C CPR certification required.
- Labour and Delivery / Recovery / Post Partum: One (1) years' recent related experience with a significant labour and delivery component, working in an acute care setting; and/or recent completion of an Advanced Obstetrical Certificate preferred.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certificate preferred.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage all equipment appropriate for the provision of care for patients admitted to the acute care unit
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients, and families.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Uses Critical Thinking skills, prioritizes and organizes patient care.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assist in orientation of new personnel.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Prince Rupert Community