Reports to Director of Care and is guided by the Visions and Values of Northern Health, BCCNP Standards of Practice and Codes of Ethics. Identifies, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care required to assist patients in meeting their physical, social and psychological needs in accordance with established NH and BVDH policies and procedures. Practices as a member of the nursing team. Qualifications
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Post-graduate certification in Emergency Nursing or Critical Care Nursing or a minimum of one (1) years' recent related experience in an Emergency or ICU setting or an equivalent combination of training and experience is preferred.
- Current CPR - Basic Rescuer level required.
- Current ACLS certification preferred.
- All Specially Trained Nursing Skills (STN) related to the unit of employment must be completed within six (6) months of employment.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage all equipment appropriate for the provision of care for patients admitted to the acute care unit.
- Ability to deal with emergency situations, patients and families.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to provide direction to nursing and non-professional nursing staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assist in orientation of new personnel.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts; including coworkers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients and families.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
View Smithers Community