Are you interested in an opportunity to grow professionally within a positive and progressive culture? Join our team and discover how we can support your future goals and how you can be a part of a team that works together to provide exceptional care to our elderly.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Care Aide provides resident care in accordance with resident-centred care philosophy and established regional and facility policies and procedures. As part of the multidisciplinary team and under the direction of the Manager or designate, the Registered Care Aide performs nursing procedures such as taking temperature, pulse and respiration in addition to resident care duties relating to activities of daily living, including personal, social, physical and recreational needs. Transports residents and performs clerical duties.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
: 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00, rotating Stuart Nechako Manor
has 45 publicly subsidized beds, 12 beds specifically for dementia residents and 2 Short Stay Beds used for Respite and Palliative needs. Stuart Nechako manor has a combination of single and double occupancy rooms. Stuart Nechako Manor provides Recreational Therapy Services 5 days a week. Pastoral and Spiritual Services are provided by the Vanderhoof Ministerial Group with regular on site spiritual care. There is a Volunteer Program in place to accompany Residents on social outings, appointments, assist with feeding and provide hospice support. Hairdressing and barber services are available on site for a fee determined by the service provider. Stuart Nechako Manor also provides an on-site integrated community adult day program, operating 3 days a week.Vanderhoof
has a population of 4,500 (2021). Nestled in the fertile Nechako Valley, on the banks of the Nechako River, rural Vanderhoof is the geographical centre of the province of British Columbia. Check out Vanderhoof where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Nursing Assistant Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Health Care Other