Are you interested in an opportunity to grow professionally within a positive and progressive culture? Join our team and discover how we can support your future goals and how you can be a part of a team that works together to provide exceptional care to our elderly.
Under the direction and supervision of a Nurse, performs and/or assists with the individual care of residents. Duties are performed in accordance with the policies and procedures of Northern Health.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Nights - 07:00 to 19:00, 19:00 to 07:00, Rotating Terraceview Lodge
is a 99 bed Long-term care Facility with 4 care communities: Lakelse, Copper, Skeena and Nass. The facility is comprised of 90 long-term care beds, 3 respite, 3 hospice palliative care beds, plus 9 short stay beds available for respite and convalescence stays. Terraceview Lodge provides Recreational Therapy Services on a daily basis. Pastoral and Spiritual Services are available to residents. Terrace
The thriving community of Terrace is northern living at its best. Snow-capped mountains, pristine glacier-fed rivers, lakes, and streams all add to the beauty of this community. The main industries in Terrace are communications, transportation, and natural resources. The population is approximately 12,700. There are nine elementary schools, four secondary schools, and Northwest Community College and a UNBC campus. Check out Terrace where there is always something new to experience.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions.IMPORTANT NOTE:
As part of your application process, you will need to upload the following documentation:
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
• Registration number (if you are part of a regulated profession)
• Any supporting documents regarding education/qualifications for this position. Examples may include:
• Program certificates or diplomas
• High school/college/university transcripts etc.
• It is also recommended to provide a cover letter and resumeQualfications
• Minimum Grade 10 plus graduation from a recognized Resident Care Attendant program or an equivalent.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.