Position Summary Regional Director, Vancouver CoastalJob ID: 3689REGULAR FULL-TIMELocation: VANCOUVER , BC Regional Director, Vancouver Coastal
Burnaby, BC BC Housing is a provincial Crown agency with an annual budget of $1.6 billion (2020/21) and a portfolio of housing services and programs that assist approximately 117,616 households in over 300 communities provincewide. As such, we continually seek sustainable housing solutions that are supported by excellence in service delivery and research, and take into account social, financial and environmental impacts.
Our Operations Branch
works with non-profit societies and co-operatives, government, community agencies, tenants and advocacy groups to ensure BC Housing delivers high-quality services and programs that are responsive to client needs. Responsible for developing and delivering social housing programs across the province, the Branch acts as funder and regulator in overseeing the administration of operating agreements with over 800 co-op and non-profit housing providers across the province. In addition, it oversees the administration and property management of provincially owned, directly managed social housing and group homes.
As Regional Director, Vancouver Coastal
, you'll be in charge of implementing the Commission's housing portfolio programs and related support services within your assigned region, and managing the delivery of property management services for the housing portfolio. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Operations, you'll promote partnerships with community organizations and governments to provide appropriate social housing, as well as advise and guide both non-profit societies and co-operatives during housing development, and perform regular financial and operational reviews of their ongoing operations.
A persuasive communicator, negotiator and consensus builder, comfortable functioning in a multi-stakeholder, socio-political environment like ours, you'll represent BC Housing in the Region, providing information on matters related to our housing programs and working closely with Commission and Ministry staff in the resolution of current and emerging regional issues. Given the scope and impact of this senior mandate, we'll rely on you to develop long-range operational, financial and staffing plans to meet regional business objectives, prepare the annual budget, monitor expenditures and reallocate resources, as well as plan, organize and manage facility maintenance and improvement initiatives. QUALIFICATIONS
With a degree in public administration, urban planning or a related discipline, and considerable experience in managing operational, administrative and financial activities related to the housing of vulnerable populations, and in property management, community development or a social housing environment, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, training and experience, you have the solid foundation this key role demands.
The following competencies, knowledge, skills and abilities will also support your success in advancing and supporting the achievement of regional objectives:
- Core Competencies
- Personal Effectiveness
- Results Oriented
- Service Oriented
- Leadership Competencies
- Alignment & Results
- Team Development
- Relationship Building
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of:
- the philosophies, practices and standards pertaining to the delivery of programs and services for the housing of vulnerable populations
- non-profit society governance, management and operation
- emerging issues and trends in the community.
- Considerable knowledge of procurement policies and procedures that ensure transparency and demonstrated value for money.
- Sound knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls.
- Effective negotiation, conflict resolution, problem-solving, consensus-building, project management, leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and understand the Commission's mandate, programs, operating requirements, and strategic objectives, and the socio-political environment in which BC Housing operates.
- Ability to plan and manage the implementation of program activities, analyze and solve complex issues, and make effective decisions.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with community groups, government agencies, health authorities, local government, tenants and the public.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and/or weekends, with occasional travel within the province.
To view the Job Description
and to apply for the role of Regional Director, Vancouver Coastal
, visit https://www.bchousing.org/careers/current-opportunities . When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application as a single Word or pdf file. Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted.
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, People with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. Apply Now : www.bchousing.org/careers Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ's for some useful information.
Follow us on Facebook , Twitter + LinkedIn
Management and Executive