Our client, RF Bakery Equipment (www.rfbakery.com), is well respected and long established in the food equipment sales and service business. On their behalf, we are seeking an experienced Refrigeration Technician to add to their services team.
The Refrigeration Technician will be a client facing role and as such will require the successful candidate to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in addition to the technical skills required. The role will largely be responsible to install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Red Seal Certificate.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate.
- Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Certificate.
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade Certification.
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) clearance Certificate.
- Five Years’ Experience
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment.
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation.
- Interpret gas codes.
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants.
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components.
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- System start-up and test for leaks using testing devices.
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing.
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems.
- Experience with control systems including: pneumatic devices; on-board diagnostics; energy conservation, electronic and solid state systems, computerized monitoring; electrical devices; direct digital control systems and programmable logic controller (PLC). Prepare tenders and quotations.
- Prepare tenders and quotations.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Well organized with an ability to prioritize.
- Show initiative in bringing new ideas and suggestions to service systems and processes.
- Must be able to demonstrate team player orientation.
- Valid Drivers’ Licence
If you possess the fundamental skills and experience required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to Michael O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.760.7649.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those that we wish to interview.
Maintenance and Technicians