As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Do you have your Red Seal Refrigeration Ticket and do you want to work in a stable environment that offers strong benefits, great hours and a great team environment? If you are looking for a chance to support health care by not only keeping facilities operating smoothly, but by being a part of the bigger team who works together to support patients and their families with all their needs while receiving care we have an exciting role for you. When you work with Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), you join a "work family" of consistent coworkers and location, with a set 7am-3pm schedule, and all the tools and materials you need are provided. No travel and no transporting...instead, enjoy great teamwork and an excellent health benefits and pension plan!What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants
- Assemble and install refrigeration components
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire refrigeration systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
Qualifications and Certifications
What we bring
- Valid Red Seal Refrigeration Ticket required
- Two (2) years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Relatable experience: Refrigeration Technician, Installer-repairer-servicer, Journeyman / Journeywoman Mechanic, Transport Refrigeration Mechanic
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full Time
$35.11/ per hour + benefits (health and dental, pension and vacation)
4500 Oak St Vancouver, BC V6H 2N9
Hours/Days of Work:
0700-1500, Monday through Friday
124891EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.