Your future Career Opportunity
Seaspan's Victoria Shipyards is currently accepting applications for Red Seal Metal Fabricators/Shipfitters.
As a Metal Fabricator, you will perform a variety of tasks throughout the production process, while upholding Seaspan's Core Values of Safety, Care, and Efficiency. You will have an opportunity to develop new skills including specialized welding techniques specific to the shipbuilding industry using some of the most state-of-the-art shipbuilding equipment and processes in the world. Required Skills & Qualifications
On offer to you
- Journeyman, Red Seal Metal Fabrication Certification
- Comprehend and follow written and spoken directions and work in a safe & efficient manner
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in the English language
- Ability to work in a team environment or individually with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Demonstrates proficiency at layout and fabrication of metal structural parts such as plates, bulkheads, and frames.
- Demonstrates proficiency at aligning fabricated parts using jacks, turnbuckles, and fairing tools.
- Must be able to use a variety of tools and measuring devices.
- Must be able to work in a construction environment involving confined spaces, working at heights, physical labour, and various weather conditions.
- Must be able to be qualified to wear a respirator.
Seaspan is a progressive employer with a collaborative culture that supports health, safety, and diversity. Recruitment for this position will be managed through the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers Union Local 191 and membership will be required upon hire. Together, we can provide you with a rewarding and challenging career-building state-of-the-art ships as well as a competitive compensation package. If you are interested in future opportunities, please send us your resume today!
Disclaimer: By applying to this vacancy/these vacancies you agree that Seaspan may share your resume with our Union partner, International Brotherhood of Boilermakers Local 191. Unfortunately, Seaspan and L191 will not be able to respond to every direct inquiry. You will be contacted directly if you are successful for a position. If you are experiencing IT issues, please email email@example.com
with a copy of your resume.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades