The 12-month limited term Recruiter, based in North Vancouver, will work in partnership with Hiring Managers and the Talent Acquisition & Mobility Team to develop and execute full-cycle recruitment strategies that result in a robust talent pipeline of qualified candidates who exhibit and fit with Seaspan's core competencies.
The Recruiter is responsible for sourcing candidates locally, nationally and internationally using various techniques and technology. The successful candidate will also be responsible to manage candidate selection processes in a fair and equitable manner from initial screening and interviews through to job offer, negotiations and acceptance. The Recruiter reports in the interim to the Director, Human Resources, with accountability to Hiring Managers in the respective business units.
This position requires the ability to work independently while maintaining excellent communication with candidates and with all levels of people leaders within the organisation as well as with team mates from both HR and Talent Acquisition directly. The Recruiter must possess wide business knowledge in order to effectively communicate, evaluate and present roles of a technical nature to candidates. This position is complex due to the volume associated with the current and forecasted number of recruitment projects to be undertaken along with the individual complexity of particular assignments.
Note: This is a 12-month limited term opportunity offering comprehensive extended health benefits and 3 weeks vacation. Duties/Accountabilities
Education and Experience
- Demonstrate functional expertise and market knowledge to identify and deploy a variety of recruiting methods to source and attract desired talent.
- Work closely with Hiring Managers throughout the recruitment & selection process to develop accurate competency requirements, position specifications, and candidate profiles.
- Demonstrate skilled assessment capabilities, ensuring candidates possess the right competencies, behaviours and cultural fit, to meet both short term and long term human capital and business objectives.
- Act as primary interface with candidates ensuring an enhanced candidate experience through professional negotiation, responsiveness and exceptional communication skills.
- Where required, support immigration and/or relocation processes and maintain ongoing relationships with external service providers.
- Maintain detailed records in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS - Taleo) and recruitment files, as well as provide comprehensive written reviews to Hiring Managers on interviewed or screened candidates, where required.
- Ensure all internal control, compliance and regulatory guidelines are met.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- A business degree and/or relevant HR professional certification.
- Minimum of 5 years full-cycle recruiting experience for technical roles.
- A combination of search/recruitment agency experience and corporate recruitment experience preferred.
- Experience recruiting in a manufacturing / heavy industrial / engineering environment is an asset.
- Proficient expertise in the following areas: candidate assessment techniques, screening a large volume of candidates, sourcing strategies, web based media sourcing and use of ATS.
- Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills, with proven influencing skills at all levels of the organization.
- Mature presentation and professional communication style, to win trust and credibility at all levels of the organization and with candidates.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as required.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Good judgment and reasoning skills.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted
Construction, Mining and Trades