Menno Place is a campus-of-care taking care of residents living in independent living to complex residental care in Abbotsford, BC. Founded in 1953 by the Mennonite Benevolent Society, Menno Place focuses on Person and Family centered care and has the privilege of serving the physical, emotional, spiritual and recreational needs of residents, families and staff alike.
Menno Place is seeking Recreation Aides with demonstrated ability to fulfill the recreation therapy needs of our residents. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Under the direction of the Recreation and Volunteer Manager, Recreation Aides carries out the established recreation programs designed to meet the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, spiritual, and cultural needs/interests of our residents.
· Assisting in the development of recreation and leisure services including program research development, implementation and evaluation as required.
· Carrying out established recreation programs including, but not limited to, outings, exercises, crafts, social events, entertainment, games, music, etc.
· Assisting in the completion and posting of monthly calendars
· Assisting in the co-ordination of external groups to provide in-house programs as required.
· Assisting residents to, during, and from programs as required.
· Encourages, and motivates residents to participate in social, physical, mental and cultural recreational activities.
· Document program attendance, observes and reports any changes, via PPC on residents and to the supervisor of the department.
· Ensures residents rights are maintained- through Resident Council
· Ensures recreational equipment and supplies are used, maintained and stored safely
· Provides guidance, assistance and support to volunteers.
· Completes assessment upon admission – collect relevant information for social/leisure history aimed primary at establishing recreation/leisure care plan.
Skills, Attributes, Abilities:
Competitive compensation with a full extended benefits and pension program.
Prerequisite for hire: Criminal Record Check, TB Clearance
Check us out at http://www.mennoplace. ca. We thank all applicants however will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
Due to the Single Site Order from the Ministry of Health, Recreation Aide's may only work at one seniors care site. If you currently work at another LTC/AL site you are not able to work at Menno Place unless you give up your position. Anyone working in Acute Care is welcome to apply.
#39 - BrainStation - Take Risks, Learn More & Stress Less