Recreation Services Supervisor - Gleneagles Permanent Full-Time
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community.
The West Vancouver Community Services Department has an opening for a permanent, full-time supervisor to oversee the Gleneagles Community Centre.
Reporting to the Community Recreation Manager, this position leads the full and part-time staff at the Gleneagles Community Centre and Clubhouse and provides oversight for the District Summer Camps and the West Vancouver Child and Family Hub. With an emphasis on programs and community engagement, the Supervisor is responsible for the development and delivery of programs and services as well as special events and partnerships for residents in West Vancouver.Work will include:
- Coordinating community services and programs out of Gleneagles Community Centre and oversight for the District Summer Camps;
- Recruiting, training, scheduling, supervising and evaluating staff and volunteer placements;
- Planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating a variety of programs in the facility according to the needs and interests of the community served;
- Developing, monitoring, and reporting out on annual work plans;
- Overseeing activities of the West Vancouver Child and Family Hub and related initiatives in the West Vancouver Child Care Plan
- Adhering to risk management and safety protocols;
- Providing input on policy and "best practices" development;
- Maintaining partnerships and liaisons with schools, clubs, other organizations, and user groups;
- Marketing and promoting of community activities and services;
- Supervising budget, payroll, capital expenditures, and fundraising;
- Administering assigned project work;
- Overseeing day-to-day facility operations;
- Liaising with other North Shore service providers, related committees; and
- Other related duties as required.
Applicants should possess: exceptional communication and leadership capabilities including proven experience providing vision, guidance and supervision support to a team; effective and tactful skills for managing staff; ability to manage service delivery out of multiple locations; familiarity with drop-in centres, program development, services and program delivery; considerable knowledge of practices and safety procedures related to facility operations; strong budgeting and fundraising skills; experience leading projects; team player attributes; and successful experience in analysis, planning and strategy development.
The preferred candidate will possess: A university degree in recreation or a related field supplemented by considerable experience in community recreation at a supervisory level; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate must hold a valid Driver's license for the province of BC and is required to supply a Police Information Check and copy of their credentials. The successful candidate is also required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on WestNet. Position Status:
WVMEA (Union)- Permanent,Full-TimeHours of Work:
37.5hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)Rate of Pay:
$40.30per hourClosing Date:
11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 15, 2022To Apply:
PleasevisittheDistrictofWest Vancouver's CareerCentreat westvancouver.ca/careers
to apply for this position.
Please note that all candidates must apply through the Career Portal; we do not accept applications
via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.