As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward. Build a City. Build a Future
at the City of Surrey.
Union - CUPE Local 402.
The City of Surrey's Parks, Recreation and Culture Department is recruiting for a Recreation Facility Maintenance Worker 2.
This is custodial and technical work in an arena facility. While the maintenance function is the major focus of the role, interaction with the public in the provision of recreation facility services is important to the position. You will work under minimal supervision for routine matters and under guidance for new or complex assignments.
- Operation of refrigeration and ice-making equipment and machinery.
- Performance of janitorial duties and routine building maintenance.
- Observe, record and report on equipment and buildings.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and practice good public relations while responding to their inquiries.
- Keep accurate records, including but not limited to: daily log of activities, equipment usage reports and material usage reports.
- Use computer applications as required.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Completed grade 12.
- Supplemented by completion of Ice Facility Operator Certificate or Power Engineer Class 5 (Refrigeration) certificate.
- One year relevant experience including dealing with public in high demand situations.
- Emergency First Aid Safety Oriented course (or equivalent).
- Valid BC Driver's license.
- Strong public relation skills, and building maintenance skills.
- Good knowledge and use of materials, methods, and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work and possess basic computer skills.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This job will be posted until September 19th
Our Values Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Maintenance and Technicians