Overview Please note that all interviews are being conducted remotely at this time, via phone and/or video chat.
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Are you a people-oriented individual looking to grow your career in office administration or human resources? With 25 branch offices and over 10,000 employees, Paladin Security is the largest independent security company in Canada, having grown from only 4 employees in 1976. As a reputable and established organization, employment with Paladin includes competitive wages, excellent benefits and endless career growth opportunities.
The primary responsibilities of the Receptionist/HR Assistant include answering phones and emails, data entry, human resources administration, maintenance of employee files and other record keeping. The Receptionist is also responsible for the front end of the office and to ensure that they are serving as the best public facing position representing the company to potential customers and staff members, existing clients and staff, but also visitors, business partners and third-party contractors.
• Answer telephones in a friendly and professional manner before routing to the appropriate department.
• Professionally greet all visitors to Paladin's office and ensure they check in and adhere to Paladin's visitor policy.
• Check in and set up all prospective security officer candidates for interviews.
• Contact new applicants to conduct telephone interviews.
• Receive, scan and upload employee documentation to electronic personnel files.
• Submit online requests for criminal record checks for prospective new employees
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with all staff in the Victoria office.
• Take responsibility for overall cleanliness of the office and act as the primary point of contact for cleaners.
• Manage uniform inventory, ensure uniform room is cleanly and organized and issue uniforms to security officers.
• Submit orders for office supplies as needed and groceries on a weekly basis.
• Create cheque requisitions for invoices to submit to Accounts Payable.
• Schedule meetings for Paladin staff members and book use of boardroom and training space for all departments within the company.
• Manage booking for the office's apartment suite and ensure suite is tidy prior to visitors arriving.
• Manage access control for the office, including programming access cards and alarm codes.
• Receive and distribute mail, faxes and inventory deliveries and arrange for shipments and couriers.
• Scanning, filing, data entry and other administrative duties as required.
• Education or related experience in the field of Office Administration and/or Human Resources.
• Exceptional proficiency with PCs including Office 365, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Proficiency or willingness to be trained in a variety of software and programs used by Paladin.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Organization and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to work as a key member of a small team of professionals and manage allocation of time between two companies and multiple departments.
Education Requirements (Any) High School Diploma/GED Certification Requirements (All) Vulnerable Sector Check Additional Information / Benefits We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview. Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Customer Service and Support