Company: Finning Canada
Posting End Date: Sep 04, 2019Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: This position's primary responsibility is to provide excellent reception by answering phone calls and assisting walk-in traffic. The Receptionist will also perform administrative duties on behalf of the Branch Management including but not limited to; approving time cards, process audits, report preparation, completing visitor safety orientations, managing sundries, and general data entry.
Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Specific Skills & Experience:
- Receiving, welcoming and referring visitors to the relevant individual or department.
- Connecting callers who are uncertain of their required contact to the most appropriate department/contact
- Taking messages and providing the message to the intended recipient in an expedient manner
- Providing back up phone coverage for all departments
- Maintaining the in and out sheets and visitor logs as well as the professional appearance of the reception area
- Accepting delivery of courier packages and notifying addressee
- Arranging domestic and international courier services
- Training new/relief receptionists and keeping reference material up to date
- Managing the booking of meeting room including ordering in lunch/refreshments
- Updating the internal phone directory
- Sorting the departmental mail notifying addressee
- Assisting other departments with tasks such as typing, filing, report preparation and correspondence as necessary
- Main contact for building maintenance requests and requirements
- Disperse email announcements on road closures, power outages, etc … that will impact the business
- Order name plates and business cards as required
- Processing office related invoices - coffee supplies, stationary, heavy duty gear
- Managing inventory levels of coffee supplies and stationary
- Responsible for coordinating relief reception back up when regular back up is away or unavailable.
- Ensure all visitors receive orientation and PPE
- Post information for management as required
- Assisting in organizing branch functions including bbq 's, family day and customer events
- Previous reception or secretarial experience
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, specifically Microsoft Excel is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, customer service skills with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors, customers, co-workers, and polite phone manner.
- Proficiency in keyboarding with a high degree of accuracy.
- Enthusiastic approach to resolution of customer/visitor inquiries
- Demonstrated oral communications skills
- Must be a team player willing to provide assistance in situations when needed
- Must possess a high standard of professionalism in both appearance and personal interactions
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.