Receptionist, Functional Imaging BC Cancer Vancouver, What you'll do
What you bring
- Act as receptionist by performing duties such as receiving and directing patients and visitors, answering telephones, taking and/or relaying messages, responding to inquiries from physicians' offices and patients related to appointments and/or release of information, and responding to general enquiries in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Receive requisitions, determine patient appointment priority by evaluating patient information such as patient history, test results and pertinent reports, schedules appointments according to established priorities and based on degree of urgency and type of test or procedure, and issues related patient information and instructions to other departments. Ensure proper room and time allowance are correct. Consult with Technical Manager, Chief PET Technologist or Medical Director if any booking difficulties are encountered.
- Ensure that incoming requisitions have correct and complete information and that patient appointments have been scheduled. File requisitions in chronological order.
- Coordinate any changes to physician appointments; rebook examination appointments with departments and on occasion contacts patients directly. Note rescheduled times on requisitions.
- Arrange Functional Imaging appointment bookings, ensure patient screening and exam preparations are complete, make arrangements in accordance with patient and outside facility requirements. Prepare daily schedule for staff physicians and technologists.
- Contact patients the day before their scan to confirm appointment and review necessary preparations.
- Review appointment schedule and computer print out for the next day's appointment schedule and ensure that all requisitions are available and all information is complete and correct. Type identification labels for all patient appointments.
- Prepare set-up for late arriving requisitions and prepare identification label and envelopes.
- Complete Functional Imaging (PET) examination lists; copy and distribute to appropriate area.
What's in it for you
- Grade 12, plus one year of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
Regular Full Time
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
600 W 10th Ave, Vancouver
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Monday to Friday: 1100-1900/0700-1500, as operations require
Requisition Number: 109577 What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of June 9, 2021
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.