DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Group (Inland Kenworth) is an Industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace and truck leasing business. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future! THE OPPORTUNITY
The Receptionist with Accounts Payable & Safety will be responsible for receiving and assisting customers, compiling and maintaining accounts payable records, as well as ensuring safety compliance in the branch. This position performs such duties as answering calls, processing invoices, reconciling statements, and ensuring safety policies are followed.
This is a part time position, approximately 28 hours per week, including Saturdays. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounts Payable Duties
- Answers calls on multi-line telephone system.
- Greets visitors and directs them.
- Distributes incoming mail and faxes.
- Prepares courier bags and arranges pick ups
- Orders office and lunchroom supplies
- Matches packing slips and purchase orders to invoices.
- Codes invoices and sends to the appropriate manager for approval.
- Answers all vendor inquiries
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Coordinates the inspection or tours of dealership facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and initiate corrective or preventive measures through the Joint Committee meetings where indicated.
- Consults with all departments on the use of equipment/machinery, fire prevention, and the dealership safety program, and ensures that employees utilize proper safety equipment.
- Ensures there is first aid coverage for all departments at all times. Arranges for First Aid Attendants, conducts a monthly meeting and arranges for first aid drills as required.
- In conjunction with the Joint Committee, participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for dealership use in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Maintains safety files and records for First Aid and Hearing Tests.
CANADA BENEFITS PACKAGE
- One year certificate from college or business school preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) essential
- 2+ years of related experience in fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, especially MS Excel
- Basic accounting/bookkeeping knowledge as it relates to Accounts Payable and Payroll
- Good knowledge and display of telephone etiquette
- Good organizational skills
- Accurate keyboarding skills with good speed
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities