Our client, a top-tier national firm, is looking for an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join their highly regarded team. The ideal candidate should have a paralegal degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Manage files and projects
- Title Searching: searching titles, reviewing documents and surveys; reviewing title and title deficiencies; preparing first applications into Land Titles; preparing title summaries and encumbrance lists
- Administering title search requests, off-title searching, requisitions and reports
- Execution and municipal searches, corporate and Personal Property Act searches
- Preparation of documentation relating to purchase, sale, leasing and financing transactions; coordinating and assisting at closings
- Liaise with clients, counsel, financial institutions, title insurance companies, land registry offices, opposite and third parties.
- Anticipate potential problem issues and bring to the attention of supervising lawyer
- Draft simple legal opinions and title opinions
- Attend closing of transactions and electronic registration of title documents
- Assist in transactions relating to zoning matters and land development
- Prepare and assemble closing books
- Attend to maintaining files and records in accordance with Firm procedures
- Perform ancillary duties and administrative tasks as required
- A graduate of a recognized paralegal certificate or degree program or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a Real Estate Paralegal.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Windows-based computer systems including DocuSign, Closing Folders, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, submit your CV to email@example.com. Ref.29139.