A prestigious law firm located in Downtown Vancouver, is currently looking to add an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to their fantastic team! This is a great opportunity for an Intermediate to Senior candidate who is well versed in land development matters pertaining to complex residential developments. The successful candidate will get the benefit of joining an established, well-capitalized, national firm which still retains its small company, family feel. Duties are as follows…
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare, draft and review legal documents, correspondence, and accounts required for completion of the real estate transactions, including review of purchase contracts (for purchaser) and sale contracts (for vendors)
- Liaise with clients, financial institutions, counsel, and other external parties as needed
- Prepare and monitor critical dates memo and preparing closing agenda and/or reviewing compiling checklists
- Conduct and review off-title due diligence searches, titles, plans and name searches
- Review tenancy agreements, service contracts, mortgages and etc. to be assumed on closing
- Liaise with lender’s lawyers, including review of commitment letter and preconditions to funding; arranging for and following up with delivery of required documents; obtaining and reviewing corporate records and conducting company searches to assist with providing opinion; preparing underlying directors resolutions; obtaining insurance certificates; receiving, reviewing and arranging for execution of financing documents; returning financing documents on appropriate undertakings
- Attend to electronic filing of transaction documents in land title office, including dealing with agents and arranging for meets with other lawyers
- Attend to closing of transaction, receiving or paying out of funds; clearing title; post-closing follow up; drafting final reporting letters and assembling closing documents books and confirming satisfaction of undertakings within transaction
- All related reporting and billing
- Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Paralegal Certification
- 5-7+ years of experience as a Real Estate Paralegal
- Strong understanding of BC Land Title Office registration requirements and e-filing
- Ability to run files from beginning to end
- Good working knowledge of real estate terminology, contracts and forms
- Good working skills with all applicable online databases including BC Online, LTSA, municipal tax searches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of an organization
- A self-starter who is comfortable with taking responsibility and enjoys working as part of a team
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply directly to this posting or email us your Resume/CV to info@arlynrecruiting(dot)com. For more, please see www(dot)arlynrecruiting(dot)com/job-postings/
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT ARLYN RECRUITING
After more than 20 years of legal recruitment, coaching, and consultancy, we at Arlyn Recruiting have come to specialize in the complexity that is human resources. We focus on the people, and by encompassing these important facets that make up a successful organization, we’ve become experts in providing quality, first-rate service for both our clients and candidates.
It’s about the journey: Whether it would be matching a candidate to an organization or providing guidance on how to steer your career in the right direction, we are passionate about our people, bringing the “human” back into human resources.