As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
Responsible and accountable for managing capital property and leased assets for Fraser Health, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care (collectively, the "Organizations) at assigned sites throughout the Province; works with Organizations' stakeholders to achieve real estate service goals and to stage premises for optimal program operations which includes initial set up of service providers and property management services, planning and implementation of risk mitigation processes, maintenance of sites through site improvements, effective staff deployment, due diligence on contract performance to support those processes; provides leadership and guidance to designated project staff by communicating with staff and management at the Organizations to facilitate consensus and share information on capital and leased assets; manages private sector project consultants, external property management services and vendors and acts as key contact with the University of British Columbia, government and internal user groups on project development, contractual and operational matters; liaises with consultants, vendors, other health care entities and related external agencies to negotiate contracts for various goods and services.What you'll do
What you bring
- Works closely with the Real Estate & Leasing team to implement, maintain and provide leasing contracts after the successful negotiation and execution of the contracts; works with internal clients to achieve optimal value to the Organizations in the use and maintenance of leased and owned sites.
- Responsible and accountable for property administration services to internal users including the management of site improvement projects, negotiation of service contracts, performance and monitoring of contracts, maintaining records, conducting property audits, budget management and planning; responsible for the development of applicable policy and procedures and communicates these policies and procedures to users through site manuals and by providing leadership and direction to users.
- Establishes environmental management plans for various sites and ensures effective plan implementation through the management of hazardous materials, performance of services and operational policies; monitors the performance of contract support services such as janitorial, waste management and security services for leased sites.
- Ensures risks associated with each site are registered with Risk Management and site risks are managed in compliance with organizational and government regulations; ensures and confirms insurance and risk mitigation processes are in place for each site.
- Makes budget recommendations for department budget and develops and monitors sub department budgets based on operational demands, environmental and resource constraints; utilizes best practices in utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets; reports on variances and variance analysis; assesses current and future facilities needs and develops solutions for physical growth and/or re-organization, including planning strategies, budgeting and cost implications and implementation of remedial budget strategies.
- Initiates and/or attends various meetings with the Organizations' Managers, Directors, Executive Directors and other Senior Management regarding the leasing of internal and external property to various parties such as physicians, pharmacy groups, external partners, vendors and non-profit organizations; builds upon and modifies existing programs and processes to create a robust lease administration program.
- Acts as a functional owner of the leased asset database program; ensures proper maintenance of records to ensure data accuracy and integrity and supports operational decisions of the Organizations.
- Establishes schedules with users and consultants by arranging and assembling user teams and coordinating/facilitating meetings; obtains user sign off at various stages of tenant improvement projects; executes project plan according to project methodologies and ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components; facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed and maintains readiness for project implementation and to anticipate and/or resolve project-related obstacles.
- Tracks project progress to ensure consistency with the plan outline; monitors and reports on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered; makes recommendations regarding scope changes and implements corrective action as identified.
- Implements and/or contributes to the implementation of effective processes to maintain ongoing support for initiatives from user groups keeping stakeholders aware of project status; ensures effective and efficient communication channels are in place between the various users and stakeholders.
- Provides leadership and direction to users by conveying policies and priorities, coordinating work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated to appropriate level for clarity or resolution; works with property management team to develop departmental policies as needed to mitigate risk and attain departmental and corporate goals and objectives; makes recommendation to Director on corporate policies.
- Provides leadership and coordination between various groups with interest in the project and coordinates with key contacts to ensure that user requirements are addressed; acts as the liaison between proponents and user team by managing and coordinating inquiries, gathering information and submitting an official response; works with user groups to change and resolve operational issues and concerns.
- Develops criteria for the evaluation of the proponent's response; participates in the communication process, short list evaluation and selection of preferred proponent.
- Verifies drawings and specifications throughout the design process to ensure compliance with the facility program and reviews change orders and assesses impact on the project and space utilization.
What we bring
- Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Health Management, Architecture, Interior Design, Business Management, or related field, plus advanced courses in project management and a professional designation, supplemented with five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related and progressive experience in project planning, design and management within a health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Leading People: acting with integrity and trust; building a team environment; communicating clearly; fostering potential.
- Leading Change: striving for personal mastery; leading with Vision; inspiring and engaging; promoting innovation.
- Partnering: focusing on customers; engaging stakeholders.
- Achieving Results: conceptualizing, demonstrating accountability.
- Business Acumen: managing resources; possessing health environment and political awareness.
- Ability to provide technical expertise, process management and business acumen to support projects
- Ability to strategically identify issues and analyzes alternatives to provide decision support
- Ability to conduct needs analysis to support internal users and consultants
- Ability to provide insight and analysis and influence decision-making
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes
- Ability to lead and direct an interdisciplinary team in a manner that fosters a motivational environment built on trust and mutual respect
- Ability to plan and monitor budgets and execute project plans within stringent timelines
- Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure with changing priorities to meet deadlines, and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to manage components of large complex projects
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software application
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
1333 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6H 1G9
Hours of Work:
129353EWhat we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.